Let's begin with a little self-compassion - here are 10 self-compassion practices for Covid-19.
Additionally, we've pulled together some friendly images to help ground us. At the bottom of this post you will find several suggestions for mental health support related apps and websites in addition to fun ideas about ways to use your "free" time.
Apps and online mental healthcare assistance:
Stop, Breathe, Think
A Friend Asks
Suicide Safety Plan
Below are a few examples of free activities available that you can enjoy as part of your self-care practice. (can we remind people to stay 6 feet away from people they are not quarantined with?)
- Yoga Practice
- Fitness Workouts
- NPR Tiny Desk concert series
- NPR Free Live Streaming Concerts
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cam
- Nightly Livestreams from the Metropolitan Opera
- Extensive List of Free Online Activities (i.e. virtual museum tours, drawing lessons, music lessons, etc.)
- Game Nights
- Family Walks
- Write letters and/or create art for those in nursing facilities. Most will accept it if you drop them off or send in the mail.
- Free resources from Calm: https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath
- Tour museums and famous sites throughout the world, do an art selfie Arts and Culture from Google
- Tips on self-isolating from astronauts tips-for-handling-isolation
- NPR, LIfe Kit podcast, latest episode is tips for homeschooling Life Kit
- View positive events going on throughout the world The Good News Network
- Make a surgical mask for yourself or donation Joann Fabrics' Mask Project Article with information on where the masks can be donated Protective gear donation
In the event you are needing crisis resources:
Austin Travis County Integral Care - Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) - 512-472-HELP (4357)
911 - specify a mental health emergency
Any Emergency Department
Dell Children's Mental Health Unit admission line - 512-324-0029
Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) - 512-472-4357
1-800-273-TALK (8255). Save a Number, Save a Life!
Crisis Text Line - TEXT “START” TO 741-741
Stay Healthy, Chaps!
-Katie and Kristi
EISD does not endorse any of the listed resources. These are intended to be used as a suggestion. EISD assumes no responsibility for the services provided or costs incurred.