High school is the prime time for a mental health condition to begin to show.
You can help prevent suicide by looking for these sign:
• Feeling sad or hopeless
• Loss of interest in social and regular activities
• Major changes in weight or appetite
• Sleeping too little or too much
• Pulling away from friends or family
• Not able to focus or think clearly
• Drug and alcohol use
• Giving away things they love
How You Can Help Someone Thinking About Suicide:
1. Believe what they say. Take words and actions seriously.
2. Listen and don’t judge.
3. Ask about thoughts or plans for suicide.
4. Get help. Do not leave them alone until help is available.
Our Community Resources page is full of local and national support pages for all kinds of mental health needs.
We encourage everyone to print this card and carry it with them at all times. We would also urge you to pull out your cell phone right now and save:
1-800-273-TALK (8255). Save a Number, Save a Life!
Crisis Text Line - TEXT “START” TO 741-741
Local Resources -
Austin Travis County Integral Care - Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) -
911 or any Emergency Department
And remember, that a large part of intervention begins with a simple conversation!
Stay Healthy, Chaps!