Here a few key tips to cultivate this skill. Remember that being resilient is a mind set (a growth mindset versus a fixed mindset).
- Avoid seeing crises as insurmountable. You can't change the fact that very stressful events happen, but you can learn to change your response to them.
- Cultivate positive relationships that can support you through the up's and the down's
- Learn how to make plans and take action to solve problems
- Practice mindfulness which assists in the ability to manage difficult emotions
- Learn effective communication skills to be able to convey your needs and emotions
- Nurture relationships.
- Find meaning in difficulties.
- Be optimistic.
- Be decisive.
- Accept that change is part of living.
Here are 5 More Ways to Build Resilience
You can do it, Chaps!